This is the second post where the both of us will be blogging, at the same time! Today we’re doing a couples post where we’ll each be listing some things we hate, about each other. Sounds sinister right?
Lawrence: right now Sarah is looking for her nail-file, so when she comes back we’ll begin. “I need to find it because I’m taking secondary guitar this semester!” – Sarah says. She’s looking under the bed right now with the puppy staring at her from above, as if she’s invading his space. It’s quite cute. While I wait for her I’ll take a few moments to talk about Le Roi David, by Arthur Honeggar. We’re about half way through with it this semester and while I wasnt too fond of it at the beginning, it’s starting to grow on me. (Puppy has now taken her hair bow and she is chasing him around the room) There’s something extra-crunchy in his chords that I just like. Aaaannnnd we’re back!
Sarah: hello bloggosphere!
Lawrence: ok for this we’ve decided that I’ll list one thing with a brief explaination, then she’ll follow. Here’s my list:
10. I hate the words “Can you do me a favor?” It’s not that I dont MIND doing favors, but those words just always happen to spew forth from your mouth, at the EXACT moment I’ve found a comfortable spot somewhere. Even if I’m standing, I get comfortable and then have to vacate that position. Also, this phrase always comes in pairs of 5-infinity.
Sarah: omg. Let me go get my list.
10. I hate that you dont have lists. I have a list for a list, for a list, for a list, with a list. I dont think I’ve ever seen Lawrence write anything down that has the resembelence of a list. Your lists are: sleep, eat, poop, xbox. In that order.
Lawrence: It’s true — you are the queen of listing and I should starting calling you Ms. Sticky-Note. BTW, it’s spelled Liszt, not list.
9. Your obession with all things from the TLC channel (Sarah: it’s the TLC network)…what-ever it is, it shouldnt be. People used to pay money at side shows to see the things on that television network. Midgets (excuse the lack of PC), people who can birth more than 10 kids at once, — btw this incredibly hard to write tonight because the dog is trying to eat my hands — strange addictions and people who dress REALLY funny. So TLC rings in at number 9 for me.
Sarah: too many options here…humm…(SHE HAS AN ACTUAL LIST OF THIS ON HER BLACK BERRY HOLY CRAP -lawrence)…
9. Always having your phone on SILENT. Because everytime I try to call you, and I know you’re not in class, i cant get in touch with you because it’s “INCONVIENTLY” on silent AND you have this AWFUL inability to answer text messages. Yes, texting is not a viable form of communication — for you — but for me: IT IS. Answer Your Phone!!!!
Lawrence: true. touche.
8. Your frustration when learning to do something new. Now I love you, but (for those of you who dont know), Sarah and I went to play racquetball on Sunday. Sarah has never played racquetball in her life. However, she believes if it doesnt come in 10 mins. of trying, it’s an awful game that makes no sense, and that nobody will EVER be able to teach it to her. Period. (fyi: an hour later, she says “oh wow, this is so much fun….”) JUST GIVE IT A SHOT GIRL!
8. Your Piles. Everywhere around here there are little Lawrence piles around here. Clothes, dirty clothes, books, shoes, suitcases, wet towels that have not been hung, pieces of paper, computers, computer papers, etc… Couldnt you at least have on central location instead of 12 separate piles, all over MY appartment? You have your own apartment for your piles..go put them there.
Lawrence: but i like to leave you presents….^_^
7. Your Lists. While I cant make lists, you seem to have a list for everything. It’s borderline micro-managment and I couldnt live like that. It’s great you can, and it keeps you sane, but it drives me NUTS that you’re on your blackberry for a per-made LIST of “10 Things I Hate About You.” (Sarah: “I have a locker combo list, movies to see, To do list, lockers and combinations and ideas for teaching ) That’s great Sarah…wonderful lol
7. Mumbling. You sound like Ozzy Osborne…Seriously. Not only that, but you love to talk to me, but face a different direction. I cant hear if you’re talking one way, I’m turned another, the doors are closed and the water is running. I cant hear you!!! COME talk to me!
6. The fact that you tell your SAI sisters about well…everything. When I walk into the Schwob (our school), I know that half the female population knows things about me that I really, really, REALLY dont particularly care for them to know. It actually makes me really self-concious — especially when I get strange stares for no reason. (sarah says: “oops “)
6. Leaving the cap off the toothpaste. It’s not that hard to do this. I even buy the toothpaste that has the cap attached to it, so that you can easily put it back down, but it still never fails. I STOPPED BUYING THE SCREW TOP FOR A REASON!? It gets crusty! It’s gross!
5. I hate your lack of self-confidence. You’re an amazing person who has everything going for them right now, but you hinder yourself in many ways. If you would just believe in yourself you’re life would not be better: but you might be happier.
5. I hate that you get in your own way. YOU’VE got everything going for you, it’s like you dont want to see yourself succeed. It’s like you’re afraid to.
Lawrence: Well, it just got really mushy for a comical post. balls. (sarah laughs, homeostasis has returned).
4. Your bed making! It’s a true obsession! Like, military beds arent as a nice as Sarah Bridges’. IT’S NUTS. And the worst part is, when I do it: IT’S NEVER GOOD ENOUGH. AND NEVER WILL BE. GET OVER IT. IT’S A BED. NOT YOUR DISSERTATION.
Sarah: …I like having a made bed, and you’ve admitted there’s nothing better than climbing into bed with clean sheets…humph.
4. You’re lust of the computer. If you’re not on it for more than 12 hours, it’s like there’s something missing in your day. You’re always constantly doing something, PLUS being on your computer. You cant focus on one thing!
Lawrence: hey, ADD sucks. Get some.
3. Your need to collect my belly button lent, every evening. (I DONT COLLECT IT! I JUST CLEAN IT OUT! -sarah) I dont care. You collect it. It’s odd. I cant help that my shirts deposit lint in my belly button, but you DONT NEED TO TOUCH IT.
3. I hate how your wardrobe consists of 12 hoodies, undershirts, jeans and these NASTY rainbows you’ve had for years. They’re not just rainbows, they’re flipflops. You’re such an attractive guy, but you’re too apathetic and lazy to put on anything else that looks good! You have so many nice clothes that you never wear! Just go up to your apartment and put them on…please.
2. The word “incapable.” ie- “Lawrence is incapable of screwing the cap on the toothpaste.” This is wrong. To say I am “incapable” would imply there is no physical way for me to complete said task. That’s not true. that’s all. Find another word please, with better connotations.
2. Keeping your car clean. Ugh. It’s always dirty; always smells like paintballs, rotten hamburgers, or a lethal combination of both. There are countless cups — it doesnt work that way…throw them away. When you leave your car, bring your trash with you. The dumpster is right outside, it’s only an extra 20 feet! And the trunk…you’d think a dead person was in there…
1. Your Pharting. Yes, ph-arting. Unbeknownst to many, Sarah can rip one if she wants. Actually I love this because it took you 8 months to do it in front of me, and I honestly didnt believe you. But wow. It’s an experience. (“What can i say? I take after my farter– i mean father.” – sarah). It’s ok though. Thanks for being a good sport about that one.
1. Your lack of concern of personal hygiene. Oh you know…brushing your teeth, once a day…maybe, doesnt count as being clean. I dont want to kiss somebody with smelly breath. Why dont you wash your hair on a regular basis? You wet it, but there’s no soap…it doesnt count. Deodorant is a necessity, not an optional thing. And — wearing the same shirt three times in one week (maybe not in a row, but) does not count as a clean shirt. You have lots of shirts. Use them.
So that’s all for tonight. We’d write a longer conclusion, but we’re both tired and have taken up enough of your time. See you next time!